Best expression system for (plant) protein expression in yeast

Matt Lightyear at uiuc.edu.nospam
Mon Mar 9 14:19:51 EST 1998

Lambda-YES is a great single-copy plasmid with a Gal-Inducible Promoter
and a URA marker..  we use it all the time here. As far as transformation
is concerned, electroporation a la E. coli is fairly effective..  we have
a protocol or two if you're interested.

Matt Vaughn

In article <01bd485d$5d6e25a0$5d227681 at chm407-1.chem.ttu.edu>, "Benan
Dincturk" <knben at ttacs.ttu.edu> wrote:

> Hello netters
>
> E. coli expression does not seem to work for my huge protein. So while I am
> playing with E. coli vectors, I plan to start with yeast expression. Who
> has experience with yeast? Can you suggest some vectors with strong
> promoters? What are the important points in yeast transformation? I know
> that is the thoughest part usually. I am a beginner so every suggestion
> will be appreciated. Thank you all.
>
> Benan

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice, however, there is no similarity

Matthew Vaughn
University of Illinois Department of Biology
190 ERML 1201 W. Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801

PS: You know the part about removing the nospam from the end of my email don't you? I hate to do it but I have gotten some TRULY XXX offensive spams lately and can't tolerate them anymore.