E280 Protein quantitation on microplates ?!

Uwe Kaerst kaerst at gbf.de
Thu Mar 12 07:29:34 EST 1998

In article <35059283.FB7F6CF3 at mailer.uni-marburg.de>,
bocola at mailer.uni-marburg.de says...

>We build up a new biochemical workgroup and looking foorward to by an
>UV/VIS-Microplate Reader.
>Has anyone experience with UV-Microplates and especially Protein
>determination ?
>(Unfortunately we have no "normal" UV/VIS Photometer)
>Is it possible to measure quantitative absorption with good accuracy for
>small volumes?
>
>Thank you for telling me your experiences or suggestions,
>Marco Bocola
>
>--
>Marco Bocola                                           Inst. f. pharmaz.
>Chemistry
>                                                                 AG
>Prof. Klebe
>Tel: +49-6421-28-5071                            Marbacher Weg 6
>Fax:                     -8994                            D-35032
>Marburg
>
>NEW !!!  e-mail:bocola at mailer.uni-marburg.de  NEW !!!
>
>:-( There are no problems, just solutions !? :-)

Molecular Dynamics offers a SpectraMax 250 Reader that goes down to
250 nm. Plates are also available, and we use this routinely and
find it very reliable. Hope this helps (and NO AFFILIATION, of cause!)

Uwe

--
Uwe Kaerst
Dept. Enzymology
EMAIL: kaerst at gbf-braunschweig.de

-- Disclaimer --
Standard > Keyword : Opinions, my own, nobody else's, no affiliation,
whatsoever ...