Expression problems

James Bassuk bassuk at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 26 00:46:30 EST 1998

yup.  i suspect your MOI is poor (multiplicity of infection).  although
reserved for viral or phage work, what this means is that your glycerol
stock is not 100% recombinant.  try growing your bug in 2x antibiotics
in LB, then streak out with antibiotics, then repeat the liquid and
plate procedure 5 times!  make a bunch of gycerol stocks.  put some in
-20. put some in -80.  use only the -20 for a month or so.

this is the only way to get reproducible results.

i assume you have paid attention to OD, temp, salts, pH, amount of
O2, amoutn of CO2, ete etc

Jim Bassuk
U Washington
Seattle