Research Gathering

David F. Green dfgreen at lms.mit.edu
Sun Mar 29 13:22:14 EST 1998

Elektrohed wrote:
> am currently working on a research project for my Honors Biology class, that
> is, the collection and presentation of current research on the topic of Protein
> Folding.
.
.
.
> individual examples, or the databases that hold these records.  I am looking,
> specifically, for recent articles that detail experiments that were done to
> determine how amino acids and their bonds cluster to form 3-dimensional
> polypeptide structures.

You're going to have to head to a local college library.  Medline can
give you some papers to look for, or you can just browse through
journals relevant to your topic.  I would suggest Folding & Design,
Proteins: Structure, Function and Genetics, Protein Science, Protein
Engineering, Nature Stuctural Biology, and Structure, as well as
Biochemistry.  There are a lot of papers on protein folding out there so
you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something.  Good luck.

David F. Green
Department of Chemistry
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Rm. 6-133