nuclear protein isolation

Rowena Johnson JohnsonRJ at
Fri May 29 07:03:14 EST 1998

I want to isolate nuclear proteins from whole tissue (specifically heart muscle) but without any
major disruption. I am used to making nuclear extracts from cell cultures by a modified version
of Dignam et al but have not been able to find a technique to isolate nuclear proteins from whole
tissue. In particular I want to isolate NF-kB which is very sensitive to stress and am therefore
looking for the most gentle method available for this.

I would be most grateful to anyone who has any ideas on the matter,

Rowena Johnson

Dr Rowena Johnson
Department of Cardiology,
Tenovus Building,