Help on plant protein extraction.

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Fri Oct 30 19:24:53 EST 1998

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:44:26, wyu at uoguelph.ca (Wenjin Yu) wrote:

> Dear friends,
> 	I'm going to extract total proteins from plant tissues but don't
> want to use denature buffer such as SDS-sample buffer.  Could you
> recommend a buffer for me, which can obtain a maximum amount of protein
> but keep the protein native?  Please send your response to me e-mail
> address: wyu at uoguelph.ca.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Wenjin Yu

Take a look at: Methods in Enzymology vol. 182, 174-193 (1990)- this covers all the
basics. (Let me know if you don't have access to this series.)

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer    | Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX: 785-864-5321 |
| Dept Biochem, Cell &     |   PGegen at UKans.edu                   |
|  Mol Biol; Dept Botany   |   http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu/     |
| University of Kansas     |                                      |
| 2045 Haworth Hall        |  "The sleep of reason produces       |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106 |   monsters."                  Goya   |