Protease digestions

Kresten kresten at
Mon Aug 2 05:30:14 EST 1999

> Please send /or post your favorite protease digestion portocols to me

I have recently used trypsin for detection of a post-translational

I used:
1% w/w trypsin in a 50 mM (NH4)(HCO3) pH 8.2

I stopped the reaction with a small amount of HCl and analysed directly
on a MALDI mass-spectrometer (by taken out samples I did a time course
analysis). This may of course not be the best way for you since your
protein is approx. 3 times larger than mine and you modification a bit
smaller but you could try. You could also try to purify the tryptic
peptides on a HPLC.

> Thanks in advance
> Dirk

The address kresten at is for
spambots only. Please mail me at LysLeuLeu at
transforming the pre at -part into my initials.
Kresten Lindorff Larsen, Dept. Yeast Genetics

Sent via