Essential amino acid requirements

Martin E. Lewitt lewitt at
Thu Dec 16 18:16:44 EST 1999

In article <38592328.423B at>, Stuart Dunn  <dunns99 at> wrote:
>You think I didn't know that? I am not refering to protein digestion. I
>was refering to the fact that amino acid breakdown produces urea and
>other acids that are excreted through the urine.

This is a fascinating area of physiology, since I can tell you would
like to know more, let me recommend Devlin's "Biochemistry with
Clinical Correlations".   -- Martin
Personal, not work info:         Martin E. Lewitt             My opinions are
Domain: lewitt at          P.O. Box 729                 my own, not my
Hm phone:  (505) 281-3248        Sandia Park, NM 87047-0729   employer's.