James Fethiere james at
Tue Dec 21 05:28:19 EST 1999

Hello all,

During enzymatic deglycosylation (in the native state) with EndoF,  I
loose over 50% of my protein in the form of precipitate.  I know that
removal of carbohydrates will reduce the solubility of  proteins, and I
was wondering if high concentrations of NaCl during deglycosylation will
help maintain the protein in solution and not affect the
endoglycosidase. I use EndoF2, and deglycosylate at 4C overnight at pH

* Dr. James Fethiere                                                   *
* MPI-Medical Research            Int'l Tel: +49-6221-486154           *
* Ion Channel Structure Group     Int'l Fax: +49-6221-486437           *
* Jahnstrasse 29                  email: james at *
* 69120, Heidelberg                                                    *
* Germany                                                              *