? Intramolecular Disulfide Bond Determination ?

jongrak jongrak at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 27 21:23:51 EST 1999

Dear All:
We are going to determined the present of intramolecular disulfide bond
in our protein of interest.  We have run the SDS-PAGE of  the reduced
and non
reduced samples.  The protein band of the non- reduced sample
was shown to be of lower than the band of the reduced one.
According to the amino acid sequence deduced from the known DNA
sequence, there are only two cys  in the molecule.
Is this evidence is enough to say that there is a disulfide bond in the
molecule formed by those two cys?  If not, what should I do to confirm
the present of this disulfide bond?
Thanks you very much for any suggestions and comments.

Jongrak