Protein Homogenization for 2D Electrophoresis ?

Amanda Nouwens anouwens at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 27 16:28:40 EST 1999

> Who can sent protocolls of Protein Homogenization for 2D electrophoresis, or
> links where i can find them ?

I work at the Australian Proteome Analysis Facility.  We have a variety of
protocols available for 2D PAGE - how we deal with samples depends entirely
on the nature of the material (ie mammalian, plant, bacteria, cell wall,
cytoplasmic proteins etc).  You could check out the web site
www.proteome.org.au which has some of the protocols listed.
If you want to send me more details about the type of sample you want to work
with, I can provide more detailed advice.

The journal Electrophoresis is also very good for protocols, methods etc.

Cheers,

Amanda.
Amanda Nouwens
Australian Proteome Analysis Facility (APAF)
Macquarie University
Sydney, NSW 2109
Tel: 02 9850 6209
Fax: 02 9850 6200