acidic PRP variants

Nicklas Strömberg nicklas.stromberg at oralbio.umu.se
Sun Jan 31 08:26:10 EST 1999

Hello,
We are on our way to isolate allelic variants of acidic proline-rich
proteins from different subjects. These proteins are encoded by two
gene loci, are non-glycosylated, about 150 amino acid in length and
differ at single amino acids and more extensively, that is a 14 amino
acid repeat. The variants separates quite well on native alkaline
electrophoresis. Is there anyone knowing if prep electrophoresis (e.g.
BioRad prep cell) or any other technology would be optimal for this
purpose ?
Thank you