Request for help regarding homology recognition by RecA

Kevin Klapstein kklap at
Thu Jun 3 18:02:44 EST 1999

I'm currently studying RecA, and I'm interested in the
homology recognition part of the strand exchange process.
Particularly puzzling to us right now is how homology is
recognized between two DNA molecules when one of them
(the one bound to RecA) is extended by 50%.  There are
also some topological problem I am trying to work out
that seem very stubborn.

If anybody reading this has an interest in or knowledge
about the homology recognition phase of RecA facilitated
strand exchange and wouldn't mind talking to a confused
graduate student for a little while, please drop me a line.

kklap at