how to calculate the molar absorption coefficient of a protein?

Kresten kresten at
Thu Jun 10 03:54:03 EST 1999

> >Is there any web site that would calculate the absorption coefficient
of a

NO (not yet), but there are ways of estimating them

> >protein on the basis of the number of tryptophans, tyrosins, Phe,
> >bonds...

> See the article: Gill and von Hippel, Analytical Biochemistry 182,
319-326 (1989).

There has also been a more recent paper going down the same way. I
cannot (sorry) find the ref. at the moment.

Also see:
and the references at that site.

The address kresten at is for spambots only. Please mail me
at LysLeuLeu at , transforming the pre at -part into my initials.
Kresten Lindorff Larsen, Dept. Yeast Genetics
Carlsberg Laboratory, Denmark

Sent via