Protein expression kits

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 18 18:54:22 EST 1999

In article <7crkmp$k1o$1 at morgoth.sfu.ca>, jmcdonou at sfu.ca (John Edward
McDonough) wrote:

> Hey, does anyone know of a good in vitro protein expression kit out on the
> market. ( something thats cheap but reliable. )
> Thanks a bunch to any that respond.
> John

If you mean transcriptio/translation kits I am using Promega's
TnT (reticulocyte or wheat germ lysate) kits and have good
success.  When I have tried moving beyond the boundaries of
the kit recommendations the technical support was also good.
The only thing I'd wish for is the wheat germ kit in the
trial size (like the reticulocyte) ... oh, and a big drop in
price, of course :-)
     I am aware of Novagen's equivalent but haven't tried it.
     Good luck,
          Bernard
[no commercial affiliation]
--