Ian A. York iayork at
Tue Mar 30 22:05:49 EST 1999

In article <7drssm$nuk$2 at>,
Dima Klenchin <klenchin at> wrote:
>Use digitonin permeabilization :-)
>SLO is just too irreproducible even, IMHO, in the labs where it is used
>routinly. Or, if your assay would survive it, you can use "cracked" cells

I agree with this; we were never able to get good, reliable results with
the SLO.  (In our case, the biggest problem was permeablization of
internal compartments that SLO is supposed to leave alone.)

If you must use SLO, as I recall the Sigma product was pretty lousy.  I
think we used the stuff from  ... maybe it's "Murex", or something like
that, on the advice of more experienced labs.

    Ian York   (iayork at  <>