protein elution from SDS-PAGE gels

Amanda Nouwens anouwens at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU
Sun May 16 20:39:22 EST 1999

I am currently working with membrane proteins, and the best method for elution after
after digestion with trypsin is to add (~8 ul) 50% acetonitrile/0.5% TFA,
sonicate for 10 minutes, and then load ~1ul onto the MALDI target plus matrix.

Try washing the gel pieces in 2.5mM Tris-HCl/50% acetonitrile before digestion.

I have no problem with extracting the peptides, even from membrane proteins
with this method.

If you need more info, let me know.
Cheers,

Amanda.