to differentiate between 2 proteins

Koen Peeters kopee at
Tue Nov 9 14:31:46 EST 1999

I need a solution to the following problem : I have a Fab fragment with
and without C-terminal
DIKDEL aminoacids produced in plants. I need to know wether the
C-terminal DIKDEL
are present or cleaved in planta.

Is there any molecular technique that I could apply that will
differentiate the presence
of these 6 C-terminal aminoacids?

No antibodies against DIKDEL/KDEL are working on Western blot.

Koen Peeters
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:kopee at