labile proteins

Roland Saldanha rsaldanh at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 14 18:22:16 EST 1999

I do not know what form of lability you are looking for.

We work on an Intron encoded protein that is a reverse
transcriptase/endonuclease splicing factor.  The free protein is heat
labile (37C has a half life of a few minutes, about 30 min at 25 C).  It
is stabilized by binding the intron and by glycerol.  We would be
interested in small molecules that might stabilize the free protein
because we can use this for structural studies.  If this is the soft of
"lability" you are looking for we may be able to pursue this futher.

What is the nature of your additives?

Roland