mechanism of enzyme inhibitor

Neon1 neon1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 18:11:01 EST 1999

Just started on the subject of enzyme inhibitors and already have been
asked to draw a mechanism for cleavage of fructose 1,6 bisphosphate as
catalyzed with the help of a lysine side chain in the enzyme aldolase.
I don't know where to begin since our textbook did not have examples of
mechanisms of enzyme inhibitors.

Others:

1) Draw the structures of the expected products of the yeast alcohol
dehydrogenase (YADH) reaction with undeuterated acetaldehyde and NADH
in D2O solution.

2) Mechanism for the inactivation reaction of tosyl-L-phenylalanine
chloromethyl ketone (TPCK) with chymotrypsin.  TCPK inhibits
chymotrypsin by covalently labeling His57 >>> indicate structure of the
product(s).  Based on the structure of TCPK what reagent might be an
effective inhibitor of trypsin?

Can anyone help me out?  Thanks.