mechanism of enzyme inhibitor

Neon1 neon1 at
Wed Oct 20 18:11:01 EST 1999

Just started on the subject of enzyme inhibitors and already have been
asked to draw a mechanism for cleavage of fructose 1,6 bisphosphate as
catalyzed with the help of a lysine side chain in the enzyme aldolase.
I don't know where to begin since our textbook did not have examples of
mechanisms of enzyme inhibitors.

1) Draw the structures of the expected products of the yeast alcohol
dehydrogenase (YADH) reaction with undeuterated acetaldehyde and NADH
in D2O solution.

2) Mechanism for the inactivation reaction of tosyl-L-phenylalanine
chloromethyl ketone (TPCK) with chymotrypsin.  TCPK inhibits
chymotrypsin by covalently labeling His57 >>> indicate structure of the
product(s).  Based on the structure of TCPK what reagent might be an
effective inhibitor of trypsin?

Can anyone help me out?  Thanks.
Posted via Talkway -
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).