viscosity of GndHCl solutions

Matt Hicks matth at
Fri Aug 25 10:10:57 EST 2000

Hi Gary,
Get a copy of Sednterp, available at :
amongst other places.

It is designed for use with analytical centrifugation but I find it useful
for other stuff aswell.
The values it gave me (20degC) for Guanidine HCl were:

conc(M)        viscocity (poise)
1            1.0412E-2
2            1.1005E-2
3            1.1722E-2
4            1.2728E-2
5            1.4193E-2
6            1.6291E-2

Poise units are (I think - check this!) g/cm/sec.
As you probably know temperature has a big effect - but the program allows
correction for this.
Also in the help/documentation there are the equations and correction
factors etc.

Good luck!

Matt Hicks
Centre for Biomolecular Design & Drug Development
School of Biological Sciences
University of Sussex

Tel:   +44(0)1273 678923
Fax:   +44(0)1273 678433