easy elution from acrylamid gel?

Aldert Zomer zomeral at biol.rug.nl
Fri Dec 1 09:59:17 EST 2000

"M. Hertel" wrote:

> Hello
> we are looking for a low tech, handmade method for eluting a Protein out
> of an acrylamid gel band. Nothing where You need an electroeluter or
> columns etc. but something simple like dialysis, elution in a agarosegel
> chamber , boiling in a buffer???
> thanks for Ideas
> Moritz

Cut out the band with the protein, place it in a suitable dialysis tube
(as small as possible) with the appropriate buffer, and place this in
the electrophoresis chamber for agarose gels (+buffer) and start
electrophoresis. The protein will go out the gel but remain in the
dialysis tube.

--
Ing. Aldert Zomer,                      | Tel: +31 50 36 32 360
Research Technician,                    | Fax: +31 50 36 35 205
IMEnz Bioengineering,                   | Email: zomeral at biol.rug.nl
PO BOX 14, 9750 AA Haren, Netherlands   | Homepage: http://www.imenz.com
Automated Medline search:
http://molgen.biol.rug.nl/cgi-bin/biomail/users.pl