aminoacidsequences of bovine hemoglobine?

nospam at our.site nospam at our.site
Mon Dec 11 10:01:48 EST 2000

This message has been posted by:  Raphael Chaleil <R.Chaleil at REMOVE-THIS-TO-SENDicrf.icnet.uk>

Sandra Iden wrote:

> Hi NG,
>
> could anybody give me the full aminoacidsequences of alpha and beta unit
> of bovine hemoglobine or an url where I can retrieve it from?
>
> thx in advance,
> Sandra
Hi,

The full sequence of bovine hemoglobin alpha subunit is (in FASTA
format)

>sp|P01966|HBA_BOVIN HEMOGLOBIN ALPHA CHAIN - Bos taurus (Bovine).
VLSAADKGNVKAAWGKVGGHAAEYGAEALERMFLSFPTTKTYFPHFDLSH
GSAQVKGHGAKVAAALTKAVEHLDDLPGALSELSDLHAHKLRVDPVNFKL
LSHSLLVTLASHLPSDFTPAVHASLDKFLANVSTVLTSKYR

and the full sequence of beta subunit is :

>sp|P02070|HBB_BOVIN HEMOGLOBIN BETA CHAIN - Bos taurus (Bovine).
MLTAEEKAAVTAFWGKVKVDEVGGEALGRLLVVYPWTQRFFESFGDLSTA
DAVMNNPKVKAHGKKVLDSFSNGMKHLDDLKGTFAALSELHCDKLHVDPE
NFKLLGNVLVVVLARNFGKEFTPVLQADFQKVVAGVANALAHRYH

You can retrieve any sequence you want from the SwissProt database at
http://www.expasy.ch

--
Raphael Chaleil
Biomolecular Modelling Laboratory