BL21(DE3) and pTrc

Petri Kursula pkursula at
Tue Feb 8 07:31:26 EST 2000

Confused by all these E.coli genotypes and strains, I would like to know
if anyone has used BL21(DE3) cells to produce recombinant proteins from a
vector with the trc promoter, such as pTrc99a. If yes, is this expression
tightly regulatable by IPTG, or do you get leaky expression?

Petri Kursula           "I am somehow less interested in the weight and
University of Oulu    convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near
Petri.Kursula at  certainty that people of equal talent have lived          and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."                        -- Stephen Jay Gould