how to do a membrane protein prep from Xenopus?

-7758,599-3231 mlevin at is08.fas.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 9 08:43:54 EST 2000

Hi All -

  Can someone point me to a protocol (whether on-line, or in a
journal) for doing the following: I want to do a prep of membranes (both
the cell membrane and vesicle membranes) from Xenopus embryos (early
embryos, gastrulation stage). The idea is to then test binding of a drug
(radioactively tagged) to a protein which is found in the cytoplasmic and
various vesicle membranes. If anyone knows where I can get a protocol for
doing this, please email me (my access to this newsgroup is sporadic) at
mlevin at husc.harvard.edu. Thanks in advance!

Mike Levin