protein determination- Lowry's method

jenny jennyctpNOjeSPAM at
Sun Jan 2 22:38:07 EST 2000

dear all,

i'm  jenny from malaysia and currently doing research on
effects of heavy metals on water lily. one of my studies is
to determine the growth effect and my parameter is to
estimate the protein content of the plant before and after
exposure to the heavy metals.

i read about Lowry's method which is said to be sensitive to
low concentrations of protein. i would like to know more
about the accuracy of this method as it said to be acurrate
at a certain pH range.

the other question is, can i determine the protein content
directly using dry samples (grinded leaves / roots) without
doing the protein extraction as i only want an approximate

your comments and ideas are much appreciated.

thank you

* Sent from AltaVista Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful