thermostable proteases

Kresten kresten at my-deja.com
Fri Jan 28 09:32:02 EST 2000

I am looking for a thermostable protease preferably working around pH 5.
Does anybody know any proteases fulfilling these requirements? I do not
need specificity, actually the less specific the better.

With regards to the temperature range, the bigger the better is my
answer at the moment although I might be satisfied by a protease working
around 70 degreesC. Also it would be nice if the protease was
commercially available.

Does anybody know how low a value of pH one can use thermolysin in and
still get reasonable activity?

thank you
Kresten

--
The address kresten at my-dejanews.com is for
spambots only. Please mail me at LysLeuLeu at crc.dk
transforming the pre at -part into my initials.
Kresten Lindorff Larsen, Dept. Yeast Genetics

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.