PMSF dire straits

Richard P. Grant rgrant at netscape.net
Mon Jan 31 03:25:55 EST 2000

In article <RzqapaAnBsk4EAor at genesys.demon.co.uk>, "Dr. Duncan Clark"
<Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I know from working with it some 20 years or so ago that it can be
> stored in isopropanol but that the isopropanol must be 100% dry i.e.
> water free. How long we used to store it, I am not sure.

Use it all the time, 100 mM in isopropanol, but stored at -20C.  You
have to stir it to get it to melt when you want to use it, but that's no
great deal.

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil
Structural Studies Group, MRC-LMB
http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/index.html
Please reply to rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk