removal of SDS from protein samples

Paul S. Brookes. brookes at
Wed Jul 12 13:31:45 EST 2000

Try "biobeads" made by BioRad (no affiliation).  They worked in our hands
for removing both triton and deoxycholate off a protein.  However, loss of
detergent did cause the protein ( amembrane protein) to lose its activity -
I suppose it depends on your protein and what you want to do with it
afterwards?   Not sure if the beads work for SDS.

Dr. Paul S. Brookes.            (brookes at
UAB Department of Pathology,   G004 Volker Hall
1670 University Blvd., Birmingham AL 35294 USA
Tel (001) 205 934 1915     Fax (001) 205 934 1775

The quality of e-mails can go down as well as up