Coomassie intensity calculation

Kresten kresten at
Wed Jul 19 09:29:06 EST 2000

I remember some old papers in which the intensity of Coomassie
Brilliant Blue (CBB) stained SDS-PAGEs were analyzed. Some amino acids
in particular bound CBB much more than others. I guess that this is the
most predominant reason for the fact, that protein-stain intensity (on
the same gel) is not proportional to the length of the protein.

Does anybody know of any new papers/reviews describing this. In
particular I am interested in papers describing some way of estimating
the relative CBB-stain intensity from amino acid composition.

Any ideas?

Thank you

The address kresten at is for
spambots only. Please mail me at LysLeuLeu at
transforming the pre at -part into my initials.
Kresten Lindorff Larsen

Sent via
Before you buy.