Coomassie intensity calculation

Frank Fuerst fant.1 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 19 11:25:07 EST 2000

Kresten wrote:

> that protein-stain intensity (on
> the same gel) is not proportional to the length of the protein.
>
> Does anybody know of any new papers/reviews describing this. In
> particular I am interested in papers describing some way of estimating
> the relative CBB-stain intensity from amino acid composition.

I can't help you, but I can warn you: The staining intensity is not
even nearly the same for a given protein under different conditions.
One example is the phage P22 tailspike protein. The native trimer is
resistant to SDS as long as you don't heat it, and the trimeric
species have a quite different staining efficiency compared to
denatured, monomeric molecules.

Greetings, Frank
--
Dein Ironie-Modul hat gerade einen schweren Ausnahmefehler erzeugt.
[Boris 'pi' Piwinger in dang]

Bitte keine Kopien per Mail!