Force Secretion of Proteins in Growth Media

Gyan Prakash Rai gyan at
Thu Jul 20 08:20:26 EST 2000

Hi Folks:

I am trying on expressing a fungal heme protein in E. Coli or yeast.
Previously in the lab when they tried expressing this protein in E. coli, it
was being localized in the inclusion bodies as apo-protein.  Renaturing the
protein in presence of heme was not very successful.
I am trying on expressing the protein in the pET system with its pelB and
ompA secretory signals.  I was wondering if any of you had experience in
secreting proteins into the growth media and can offer me any tips or

Also, I was looking at some possible secretory expression vectors in yeast.
I found a reference to Clontech's pYEX-S1 but Clontech does not market it
any more.  Is there any other source for this vector or any thing similar to

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Gyan Rai