Tilman Lamparter lamparte at
Sat Mar 11 23:44:00 EST 2000

I have screened several calatogues for anti-phosphohistidine antibody and
havent found it. There a method from Pierce where the
phosphate group is detected by an Fe-containing compound. This is however
not specific for phophohistidine, so you can use it only for a purified
protein to check whether it is phosphorylated or not. AntiPhosphoTyrosine
antibodies give a weak signal (to phosphotyrosine according to my
experience) and you should not wash the blot in the cold. However, even if
there is a slight affinity for phosphohistidine, it is very hard to tell
whether it s specific.
On 10 Mar 2000, Kevin Urbanic wrote:

> Can anybody tell me if you can purchase, or know of a lab that has, an
> anti-phosphohistidine antibody?  I am looking at non-radioactive methods
> of identify bacterial two component histidine kinase molecules that
> become phosphorylated.
> Can anti-phosphotyrosine antibodies be used to screen for
> phosphohistidine molecules?

Dr. Tilman Lamparter
Freie Universitaet Berlin
Koenigin Luise Str. 12-16