Colloidal Blue

Matt Hicks matth at
Tue Mar 14 08:39:13 EST 2000

I usually fix the gel in 10%(v/v) MeOH / 10%(v/v) acetic acid then stain
with 0.25%(w/v) Coomassie Brilliant Blue R-250 in 50%(v/v) MeOH / 10%
acetic acid.  The fixing step is probably not really required as the
staining solution should fix the gel.  I then destain in 45%(v/v) MeOH /
10%(v/v) acetic acid.  Seems to work well...

Matt Hicks
Centre for Biomolecular Design & Drug Development
School of Biological Sciences
University of Sussex

Tel:   +44(0)1273 678923
Fax:   +44(0)1273 678433