Finding Repeat Patterns in Proteins

Fred dynamin at
Mon Mar 20 07:38:35 EST 2000

Can anyone suggest a web site (or a PC program) that finds repeat
patterns within a single protein (eg 2 or more similar domains or
repeated short motifs of say 20 amino acids).  A number of Protein sites
that claim to be good start sites all suggest "Repro", which apparently
has not been up for years (at least, I have never seen it working).  The
best I have found so far is SIM - Alignment Tool for protein sequences
at <>, but this is a bit limited
(it is designed for comparison of 2 proteins rather than 1, although it
does work on 1).

Phil Robinson, Sydney