SDS Page

Kunal Mukhopadhyay kunalm at
Wed May 17 11:30:24 EST 2000

Hello again fellow scientists
A note of gratitude to all who replied to my earlier query on BamHI. I was
pleased to see that it worked and now am awaiting the confirmation (sequence
In the meanwhile I had another query :

While running SDS Page gels for my proteins, I find occasionally a "squirm"
towards the end of the gel totally ruining the gel. I thought it might be
due to the heat generated during the electrophoresis. However when running
two gels parallel on different units, one ends up with Squirms, the other

Does anyone face similar problems? Is there a way to minimize the effect?

I'll try to put up a picture of the gel if I can on the web.

What does it profit a man if he gains the world... but loses his soul?

Kunal Mukhopadhyay

52, 152 Davey Lab,
Department Of Chemistry
Pennsylavania State University,