SDS page - the images

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Wed May 17 13:58:08 EST 2000

In article <8fuo11$1ftm at>,
  "Kunal Mukhopadhyay" <kunalm at> wrote:
> Here are the images of the gels that I mentioned in my earlier post.
> They certainly are nothing to brag about! Any comments would be appreciated.
> P.S Yes...I have run better ones, just in case anyone may wonder.

My first guess is that you have an air bubble trapped on the bottom
plate, disrupting the current flow around that region of the gel.

What kind of a gel setup do you use? The older ones that formed the
bottom by putting a spacer inside the plates were prone to this. In the
"olden days" we used to keep either a syringe with a bent needle or a
"bent" pasteur pipet around so that we could squirt buffer up into that
space after putting the gel in the tank in order to flush the bubbles

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at

Sent via
Before you buy.