Free Proteomics Seminars in Asia

Steve Smith steve.smith at micromass.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 09:52:05 EST 2000

International Proteomics Seminars - Asia

Micromass and Bio-Rad Laboratories, co-developers of the ProteomeWorksT
System, invite you to one of our Asian workshops on Proteomics.

We have assembled a collection of opinion leaders and experts from the
fields of separation sciences and mass spectrometry to present papers on
their latest research. The meeting is designed to provide a forum for
leading biochemists involved in Proteomics, and those evaluating the
technique, to discuss the relative merits of their approaches and potential
areas for future development.

Topics covered will include:

Sample preparation
2D gel electrophoresis technologies
Image analysis
Robotic spot excision and digestion
Capillary Chromatography
MALDI and ESI-MS-MS technology
Bioinformatics

Distinguished speakers already confirmed include:
Dr. Stuart Cordwell, APAF, Sydney, Australia
Dr. David Harvey, Oxford University, United Kingdom
Dr. Paul Haynes, Novartis NADII Institute, La Jolla, USA
Dr. Shir-Ly Huang, National Central University, Taiwan
Dr. Samuel Lo, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Prof. Young-Ki Paik, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Prof. Lee Chee Wee, Lynk Biotechnologies, Singapore
Prof. Qi-chang Xia, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, China
Sarah Chan, Bio-Rad Pacific Ltd., Hong Kong
Keith Compson, Micromass UK Ltd., United Kingdom
Dr. David Garfin, Bio-Rad Laboratories, USA
Dr. Dominic Gostick, Micromass UK Ltd., United Kingdom
Tom Slyker, Bio-Rad Laboratories, USA
Veronica Tok, Bio-Rad Laboratories Ptc. Ltd., Singapore
Steve Wilson, Micromass Australia

The workshops will be held in major bio-regions around Asia:

Hong Kong Monday 27th November
Shanghai Wednesday 29th November
Seoul Friday 1st December
Singapore Monday 4th December
Taipei Wednesday 6th December

As we anticipate a high response to this topical
subject, please confirm your participation early to
avoid disappointment. Enroll now in your nearest
city for this event! The detailed program will be
sent to you in good time. Participation is free of charge.

We are looking forward to your visit!

To enroll visit www.micromass.co.uk/proteomeworks or via the news section at
www.micromass.co.uk