histag elution alternative

Emir ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 3 13:25:09 EST 2000

I think one of the possible reasons why your protein loses activity is that
it is metal-dependent, and imidazole is a chelator. From this perspective
using another chelator (EDTA) would not help. I would consider recloning you
protein into another expression system, e.g., pMAL (NEB), where your protein
is fused to an affinity epitope (maltose-binding protein in case of pMAL)
that can be eventually removed by digestion with sequence-specific protease.
-Emir

news:8tc5sp$9k0$1 at rzsun03.rrz.uni-hamburg.de...