2D PAGE - reproducibility

Gerhard Schwall gschwall at iuct.fhg.de
Wed Nov 15 09:42:47 EST 2000

Currently I am doing 2D gels using purchases IPG strips in a Protean IEF
camber from Biorad.
I have tremendos variations in my results, even when I run several
strips with exactly the same sample in a single run.
A few gels look absolutely ok and others completely unfocused.
I tried already different things like passive/aktiv rehydration,
with/without electrode wicks etc. The result is always the same:
Some gels are totally allright, others are completely unfocused. All
strips a treated exactly the same!
I am wondering if anybody had the same problems or might have a
suggestion what might cause the trouble?
Regards
Gerhard