Enterokinase Hell.

Mr. John P Phelan jphelan at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 11:57:01 EST 2000

Dear All,
I am using enterokinase from Roche and according to their catalogue its
150kD. When I look at my final "purified protein" I see a band at approx
26kD which corresponds with molecular weights from several other
catalogues..i.e. NEB, Novagen and calbiochem.
I rang Roche enquiring about this and all I got was a bumbling idiot
who didnt know his ar*e from his elbow.

My query is this, has anyone else worked with Roche Enterokinase and seen
what it looks like on SDS PAGE? At the moment its taking three days, yes
THREE DAYS at room temperature for me to cleave my protein, which as we
all know aint doing it much good. Is Enterokinase from Roche supposed to
be an efficient cleaver? I have ordered stuff from Novagen and am going to
try that...has anyone used that before?

Whats the best temp for a cleavage experiment?

Of course someone out there might have an enterokinase clone, in which
case could you post it (no questions asked)  to the address below. You
will get an
acknowledgement in
all
publications!!!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John

John P Phelan
Bloomsbury Centre For Structural Biology,
School of Crystallography,
Birkbeck College,
University of London,
Malet Street,