Postdoctoral Research Position Available

iropson at my-deja.com iropson at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 6 09:52:49 EST 2000

Postdoctoral Research Position Available

Protein Folding and Stability

A NIH funded postdoctoral position is available
immediately to study the folding of several
proteins in the intracellular lipid binding protein
family. This project examines the folding mechanism
of proteins with very similar structures but
different sequences, emphasizing a structural
genomics approach to the folding problem. Current
data shows that intermediate states with different
structures are stabilized during the folding of
proteins in this family, suggesting that there are
at least two energetically different routes through
the folding landscape to the native state
(Dalessio, P.M. and Ropson, I. J. 2000.
Biochemistry 39:860-871). The position will
emphasize the use of stopped-flow kinetic
techniques, site-directed mutagenesis and NMR to
examine the structures of the intermediate states.
To apply, send your curriculum vitae, a list of
three references and a brief description of your
current research and career goals to:

Dr. Ira J. Ropson
The Pennsylvania State University College of
Medicine
500 University Drive
Mail Stop H171
Hershey, PA   17033

or

iropson at psu.edu

Ira Ropson
iropson at psu.edu
http://www.hmc.psu.edu/biochemistry/faculty.html
If I had time for a fancy Sig file I wouldn't have
a job.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.