Solubilising fibrinogen

netwerkid netwerkid at
Mon Oct 16 05:42:36 EST 2000

I am a nutritionist trying to prepare a fibrinogen solution (2g/L).
Problem is that it does not dissolve readily.  It seems to stick
together.  I have now added the fibrinogen powder carefully to the
phosphate buffered saline and just let it stay on top until it seems
dissolved - this is also not working well.  Slowly mixing it leads to
aggregates, vigorous mixing is a disaster, ultra sound does not help,
neither does warming the buffer.  Should I try using something else
rather than PBS (7.4)?  Any suggestions will help

Johann Jerling