Western blues

clarosa clarosa at biocomp.unl.edu
Tue Oct 17 12:55:59 EST 2000

As I recall, the buffer usually used , Towbin is good for normal proteins with
a normal pI.. but for basic proteins I think you might have to use a acidic
protein... It might be worth looking into the alternative transfer buffers.
So I would look at effect of the pH as it interacts with the pI of the
protein, and review the other transfer buffers .    You might also have to try
varying the SDS conc.  Some of those larger membrane proteins might need more
sds.  (which should make alter the charge and allow Tobin buffer to work?)
Anyway I would look at those issues and sorry I cant be more specific.