Carbonate-based blotting transfer solution recipie?

Wed Sep 13 09:48:29 EST 2000

Hello,

A while ago I've seen a post that referenced a paper about
the subject. The claim was it is a lot cheaper and works better
than Tris/Glycine and on a par with CAPS-based solutions.
We do awful lot of Westerns and although the most expensive
part of them is probably methanol, Tris, Glycine and particularly
CAPS are not cheap. It would be great if something as simple
as baking soda can used.

Can anyone provide a recipie, hints or a reference?

- Dima