hexahis tags

Jason McDermott mcdermoj at ohsu.edu
Mon Sep 25 02:04:25 EST 2000

We've used a hexahis tag (pet15B) at the N-terminus of a number of proteins
with no problems as far as purification goes. From what I understand, it
seems to be a little protein dependent and if just plugging the his-tag on
doesn't seem to work a good next step would be to introduce a gly linker. I
can't think of a reason C-terminal his-tag wouldn't work.

Jason

Jason McDermott         |     Anyone can do any amount of work provided
mcdermoj at ohsu.edu       |        it isn't the work he is supposed to be
http://www.jasonya.com  |        doing at the moment. -Robert Benchley