Western blues

deepika deepika at umich.edu
Mon Sep 25 09:46:28 EST 2000

Mike, I think, traditionally methanol was part of the transfer buffer
because
methanol helps proteins bind to nitrocellulose. I am not sure that
the same logic applies to PVDF.... but it is in the buffer nonetheless.

I have noticed that when I lower the MeoH concetration the current
flowing through reduces i.e. for the same voltage (100 V) I get 200
mAmp instead of 250 mA. So my question is does voltage matter more than
current as far as transfer effficiency of high mol wt protiens ? or vice
versa ?

Lee, I have not added SDS to the transfer buffer yet...I read somewhere
that 0.05 % was enough....
Deepika

---