Rotor data needed

Jerry M. Jerrym_1995 at REMOVEyahoo.fr
Wed Sep 27 07:22:23 EST 2000

In article <ssvcbjpd4l1tfb at corp.supernews.com>, "David J. Meyer, Ph.D."
<meyerdj at phibred.com> wrote:

> Hi, all-
>
> I have an older (but rarely used) TFT 41.14 rotor. It says "Sorvall" on the
> rotor, but I know that this rotor name is a Kontron-style name. Sorvall
> apparently either stamped their name on it or manufactured it for Kontron.
> Kontron has apparently gone out of business.
>
> I am looking for either the K' factor for this rotor or for the
> Sedimentation Estimation Aid chart for this rotor.
>
> If anyone can assist me with this, I will be very grateful.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but you can calculate the
relative centrifugal force (RCF) for any rotor using the following
formula:

  G = 0.00001118 * r * N^2

Where G is the RSC (gravities), r is the rotation radius in centimeters
and N is the rotor speed in rpm.

Additionnal tips and formulas on centrifugation can be found at:

  http://www.protocol-online.net/molbio/basic/centrifugation.htm

Regards,

   JM