finding GFP's mass

Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Mon Apr 9 03:53:18 EST 2001

Frederic Langlois < at> wrote:

>       33g/mol=a water molecule's molecular weight (approximately)

Huh? Last time I looked, water's molecular weight was 18 g/mol.

Otherwise, your approaches are very sensible. A precise experimental
determination of molecular weight would be by using mass spectroscopy.
The mass of GFP should be measurable to a precision of approx. 1 Da.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel at */