finding GFP's mass

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Fri Apr 13 14:54:03 EST 2001

"Emir Khatipov" <ekhatipo at> wrote:
:I think your question was mainly about whether there are other "wetlab"
:methods  of determination of molecular weight of a protein. In addition to
:SDS-PAGE you used, there is also

:native electrophoresis,

That's what my boss is also saying, but this is very wrong.
Native EF has everything to do with charge and almost
nothing with size.

:gel filtration, ultracentrifugation, mass spectrometry, chemical methods,
:like Kjeldal analysis, and others.

Whta's Kjeldal analysis? Never heard of it. (Should have?)

        - Dima

:"Frederic Langlois" < at>